1. Director General of Veterinary Services, West Malaysia
2. Officer in charge of Veterinary Services in Sabah
3. Officer in charge of Veterinary Services in Sarawak
4. One member of Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, Universiti Putra Malaysia nominated by the MVC of the University,
5. Members appointed on terms for 3 years:
- Two members from Part I of the Second Schedule recommended by the members of the profession
- Two members from Part II of the Second Schedule recommended by the members of the profession
- Two members from the veterinary community appointed by the Minister
The MVC is headed by the Director General of Veterinary Services, West Malaysia who will be the President of the MVC.
The Act states the provisions of appointment, eligibility and disqualification of members to the MVC.
a. Qualifications and Accreditation Committee
b. Preliminary Investigation Committee
c. Veterinary Practice Committee
d. Legislation Committee
e. Disciplinary Committee
All Committees are appointed by the Council except the Council’s disciplinary functions discharged by the Preliminary Investigation Committees whose members are appointed by the President pursuant to Veterinary Surgeons Act 1974.